The Queensland Government has been rolling out grants to aid small businesses by providing financial and professional assistance wherever needed.
Our team at The Alternative Board helps small businesses with grant applications and proposals, as well as investment guidance for those who receive grants. If you need assistance, make sure you get in touch.
Mentioned below are the four grants that are currently accepting application, and will start accepting soon;
1. Business Growth Fund Programme
Aimed at supporting small to medium-sized businesses, the Growth Fund targets high-growth businesses that can drive Queensland’s economy.
The support is provided in the form of funds up to $50,000 that can be used to buy specialised equipment to aid business development and growth.
The eligible equipment includes (but is not limited to):
- Production equipment,
- Advanced manufacturing or digital equipment and systems,
- Advanced logistics systems and equipment.
Applications are currently open and will close when funds are exhausted. For more information on eligibility criteria and application process, visit the Business Growth Fund Programme webpage.
2. Business Basics Grant Programme
This grant is targeted towards new and emerging businesses to increase their core capabilities and for them to adopt best practices.
The Business Basics Grant provides a payment of $5,000 which can be used to work on one of the following:
- Training and coaches,
- Website building or upgrades,
- Professional business advice,
- Strategic marketing services,
- Business continuity and succession.
Applications for this opened on the 31st of May and closed within hours of opening due to hitting its 3,000 application cap.
This Business Basics Grant Programme shows how contested some of these grants are – so businesses need to be prepared and agile in the lead up to the grants opening.
3. Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Programme
The aim of this grant is to provide monetary aid to small businesses on the verge of closure or those that were impacted by the lockdown restrictions introduced due to COVID-19. The funds are being provided to adapt and sustain their operations, and to build resilience.
This grant is only open for regional Queensland businesses – meaning your principal place of business must be in a local government area within Queensland, that does not identify as a South East Queensland location (Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Greater Brisbane are not eligible for this grant).
This programme provides a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business, which can be used towards the following:
- Legal, financial or other professional advice to support business operations,
- Continuing to meet business operational costs,
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements,
- Building business through marketing and communications,
- Digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models,
- Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching that will aid business development and diversification,
- Advanced digital equipment or business specific software that allows business operations to take place online.
This programme is currently open, and the closing date is yet to be advised. For more information on eligibility criteria and application process, visit the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Programme webpage.
4. Upcoming grants – Business Boost Grant
The Business Boost programme will help support established smaller businesses with up to $15,000 to upgrade software and CRM systems, to improve productivity.
This grant can be used towards the following:
- Website development and upgrades,
- Training and coaching,
- Advisory services,
- Marketing and business continuity.
Guidelines for this grant will be available in mid-July 2021, with applications open in late July. 2021.