The Queensland Government announced several packages to support businesses that suffered during the pandemic. Though most of these have either exhausted their funds or are no longer accepting applicants – there’s one that’s about to open.
The Business Boost Grants program is open to small business applicants, starting at 9am on 30th July, 2021. The program is set to close when funds are exhausted, and a sufficient number of applications have been received.
This program is competitively assessed.
The grant program aims to support businesses to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity. A payment of $15,000 (excluding GST) will be provided for three key areas:
- Future Planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Staff management, development, and planning
Note: The applicant must co-contribute at least 30% of the total project’s cost.
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) will not be funding projects that: cost less that a total of $10,715 (excluding GST) or in cases where payments have been made before the project has been approved.
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible for the grant, your business must:
- Have less that 20 employees at the time of submitting your application
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Have a headquarters based in Queensland
- Have a turnover of between $300,000 (minimum) and $600,000 (maximum) in the financial year of 2020-21
- Have a web presence that’s open to the public to identify business operations (website and/or social media pages)
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
For more information, visit the Business Boost Grants program webpage.
Our team at The Alternative Board helps small businesses with grants and proposals, our facilitators can also provide guidance on how to where to invest the money once you’ve received the grant, ensuring you’re making the right decisions for your business.
If you need assistance for the same, don’t hesitate to get in touch.